In the past decade there has been a dramatic interest in cosmetic dentistry. We all realize that having a healthy, bright, beautiful smile enhances our appearance and allows us to smile with confidence. Thanks to the advances in modern cosmetic dentistry, we are able to improve our teeth and smiles with quick, painless and surprisingly affordable treatments.
Cosmetic dental treatments can:
- Change the size, shape, and alignment of certain teeth.
- Fill in unattractive spaces between teeth.
- Improve or correct bites.
- Lighten or brighten the color of teeth.
- Repair decayed, broken, cracked, or chipped teeth.
- Replace missing teeth.
Teeth Whitening Treatment Options
Teeth whitening (or bleaching) is one of the most common cosmetic treatment requests. This is a simple, non-invasive dental treatment used to change the color of natural tooth enamel and is an ideal way to enhance the beauty of your smile.
Because having whiter teeth has now become the number one aesthetic concern of most patients, there are a number of ways to whiten teeth. NEESH Dental offers whitening treatments and are more than happy to provide you with some guidance on how to safely and effectively use them for the best results.
Teeth whitening is not permanent. A touch-up may be needed every several years, and more often if you smoke, drink coffee, tea, or wine.
A pearly-white smile is beautiful to look at and can greatly improve self-confidence. Many people are opting for the Zoom!® Chair-side Whitening System for fast, safe and effective teeth whitening. Zoom!® combines the newest advances in dental technology with proven chemical formulas. This ensures that the results are satisfying.
There are many reasons why teeth become stained or discoloured, including tobacco use, and drinking dark liquids such as red wine, coffee, tea and cola.
Frequently Asked Questions – Zoom!® Whitening
NEESH Dental provides the Zoom teeth whitening treatment and below are some of the frequently asked questions we get regarding this treatment option.
How does Zoom!® whiten the teeth?
A mercury metal halide light is used to activate the gel and expedite the whitening process. This specialized light contains a unique infrared filter that works to reduce the amount of heat (and therefore sensitivity) on the surface of the teeth during the procedure. The internal structure of the teeth remains completely healthy and intact during and after the treatment.
As with any whitening system, the post-treatment results can vary according to the degree of staining and the condition of the teeth. A consultation with the dentist prior to treatment will provide information as to what kind of results Zoom!® can provide in specific instances. Zoom!® is only applied to healthy teeth and gums. If tooth decay or gum disease is an issue, these need to be controlled before the bleaching treatment is performed.
What are some of the advantages of Zoom!® versus other whitening treatment options?
The Zoom!® whitening treatment has some advantages over other options as follows:
- All teeth are treated simultaneously.
- Faster treatment times.
- Longer lasting results.
- Safe procedure and treatment.
How is the Zoom!® treatment performed?
Prior to treatment, there will be a consultation where the dentist will outline the exact procedure. On treatment day, a deep cleaning (prophylaxis) will be performed to rid the teeth of any debris and plaque. Then, special eyewear will be provided to protect the eyes from the halide light, and splashguards to protect the clothing from the bleaching agent.
Here is a brief overview of the Zoom!® procedure:
- Cheek retractors will be placed to expose the entire surface of the teeth.
- The gums will be painted or covered to reduce sensitivity.
- The dentist will apply the whitening gel to the teeth.
- The light will then be applied to activate the gel. This specialized Zoom!® light can be positioned to work on all the teeth simultaneously.
- After 15 minutes, gel will be removed from the teeth and the mouth will be rinsed.
- More gel will be applied for another 15 minutes.
- Again, the gel will be removed and the mouth will be thoroughly cleansed.
- The final treatment of gel will be applied for 15 minutes.
- The gel will be removed for the final time.
What happens after treatment?
If you have questions about the Zoom!® Chairside System, please ask your dentist.